[rkward-devel] X11 device error

Yury V. Bukhman ybukhman at glbrc.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 5 23:40:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

when I open a new x11 device window, I get the following error message:

You have created a new X11 device window in R. Usually, RKWard tries to
detect such windows, to take control of them, and add a menu-bar to
them. This time, however, RKWard failed to detect, which window was
created, and so can not embed it.
If you created the window on a different screen or X11 display, that is
to be expected. You might want to consider changing options("display"),
then.
If you can see the X11 window on the same screen as this message, then
RKWard should do better. In this case, please contact us at
rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net with details on your setup, so we can
try to fix this in future versions of RKWard.

My X11 windows do display R graphics, but they never have any menu bars
in them.

This is my setup:
RKWard 0.4.9a (Using KDE 3.5.10-1.fc8 Fedora)
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
[ybukhman at ybdesk code]$ uname -a
Linux ybdesk.glbrc.wisc.edu 2.6.26.8-57.fc8 #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 18:59:49
EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.

Yury