[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] version for MAC OS?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Dec 9 08:27:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

taking this part to rkward-devel.

On Tuesday 08 December 2009, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> I understand. I can help, but I'm not qualified for being
> the person making the native version for Mac OS, unless I get
> detailed directions on what to do.

I don't know what level of detail you need. What you'd need to look at are the
files rkward/rkwardapplication.cpp / .h and rkward/windows/rkwindowcatcher.cpp
/ .h . In there, it's the sections that already have "#ifdef Q_WS_WIN"
switches.

If this info is enough to give you a basic idea, then I might be able to talk
you through the remainder of the process. If this info doesn't tell you much,
then I'm afraid, it won't work.

Another thing you could really try is to install the Qt/X11 version of KDE 4
(http://mac.kde.org/?id=build ; installing "kdelibs" should be enough), then
try to build RKWard from source by following the instructions for compiling on
Unix (http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling). It might just work. And if it doesn't
work out of the box, it may be much easier to fix the obstacles on that path.