[rkward-devel] Version 0.5.0b

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 13:19:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Brett Ginsburg <ginsburg at uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> I am having trouble figuring out how to print or save a graph I
> generate.  The only solution I have found is to use ksnapshot and open
> each graph in a separate graphics program like GIMP then save or print.

There used to be a menu bar with the Export plugin. But with all these
new R, incompatible rkward, KDE4, too many issues.. so I am not sure
what the error is. The native way is to use the appropriate graphics
device instead of the X11, see: ?pdf or ?postscript or ?jpeg or ?png.
For example:

postscript(file="plots.eps")
x <- rnorm(100)
plot(x,dnorm(x))
dev.off()

See the examples in ?postscript. This is the direct method using the
ghostscript device.