[rkward-devel] Dear devel list: rkward is broken in Ubuntu Intrepid - what can we do?

stfs stfs at fs-analyse.dk
Sat Nov 8 09:11:42 UTC 2008

Dear devel list
There have been a lot of reports about problems installing rkward in
intrepid. It is also announced in a message on the R site (under the
instructions on how to add the R repository to your ubuntu installation).

I'm right now in the process of installing rkward on a new intrepid
installation - and will probably get there today or tomorrow.

In my opinion rkward is the best interface to R and a lot of people are
beginning to depend on it. Therefore I believe it is very important to
ensure it doesn't suddenly fall behind.

I don't know how to deal with this problem and I am not a programmer
myself but I'm interested in finding a solution.

Best regards
Finn