[rkward-devel] Hodrick-Prescott Filter Plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Mar 12 20:37:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Germán Márquez Mejía wrote:
> Here goes a preliminary version of a Hodrick-Prescott Filter plugin. I
> made it with an idea in mind - many of my teachers and the researchers
> of my faculty (Economics) find that most of the statistical software
> doesn't suit the needs of *easy* time series handling an econometrician
> may have (or -specially- an econometrics student), constraining
> themselves to just one programme which does. So this plugin is intended
> to add a little effort to the goal of making RKWard a more and more
> serious alternative in econometrics, again, specially for us - the
> students.
>
> I hope this will be submitted for you to test it and receive some
> feedback in order to improve it. I'm not a professional programmer,
> please be indulgent about my mistakes. :-)

thanks, this is very much appreciated. I have not looked at it in detail at
all, yet, but from a cursory glance, it looks pretty nice. For now I've only
committed to the KDE 4 branch, but once ready / reviewed the plugin will
certainly be merged into the KDE 3 branch as well. To take a look (and
produce diffs for any changes), see
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=RKWard_SVN and
http://www.mail-archive.com/rkward-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg00091.html .

If somebody else has the time to start reviewing, already, that would be real
nice, of course.

> ¿May I touch and update the wiki?

Yes, please do!