[rkward-devel] X11 problem under ion3

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 25 14:14:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Recently rkward started to fail the interception of X11 devices on my setup
> with this error:

[...]

> May this be realted to the recent upgrade to R 2.7?

I see this too (not 100% of the time, but very frequently for the first window
created, and occasionally for subsequent windows), now. So most likely this
is related to changes in R 2.7, indeed. It appears the call to X11() may now
return before the device window has been mapped to the screen in some cases,
and this screws up our detection mechanism (which assumes the window should
already be available by that time).

I guess I'll need to allow for a little delay in the code somehow. I'll look
into it, but not immediately.