[rkward-devel] X11 problem under ion3

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Apr 24 14:31:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

Recently rkward started to fail the interception of X11 devices on my setup
with this error:

        You have created a new X11 device window in R. Usually, RKWard tries to
        detect such windows, to take control of them, and add a menu-bar to them.
        This time, however, RKWard failed to detect, which window was created, and
        so can not embed it.
        If you created the window on a different screen or X11 display, that is to
        be expected. You might want to consider changing options("display"), then.
        If you can see the X11 window on the same screen as this message, then
        RKWard should do better. In this case, please contact us at
        rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net with details on your setup, so we can
        try to fix this in future versions of RKWard.

May this be realted to the recent upgrade to R 2.7?

My setup here is: debian unstable, R 2.7, rkward 0.4.9, kde 3.5.9. Window
manager is ion3.

What else may I provide to help you understand this?

Thanks, Joh