[rkward-devel] [Rkward-devel] Crashing in PCLinuxOS

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Sep 23 14:04:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 22 September 2007, Greg Keep wrote:
> I installed RKWard 0.4.7a from source on PCLinuxOS 2007, seemingly without
> any errors.  When I load the program the normal way, it crashes after I
> issue the simplest of commands from the R Console.
>
> Please refer to the message in the RKWard help forum entitled, " Crashing
> after Successful(?)
> Install<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1770553&forum_id=1
>65574>". As asked, I ran it via...
>
> > rkward --debug-level 5
>
> and the output is listed in the attached zip file.  When I load it this
> way, the program crashes after a few seconds without me doing anything at
> all. Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!

thanks for posting the log. Unfortunately, I can't find anything helpful in
there, so I'll ask a couple further questions, hoping one of them may hit on
something unusual.

Could you give us your versions of R, KDE, and GCC? What type of
processor/architecture is this?

One problem we've run in in the past was left-over libraries from previous
installs. Please try the following (as root):
# R CMD REMOVE rkward
Repeat this command until R claims no "rkward" library could be found. Now do
the "make install" again, and give it another try. Any change?

Also, a preview release of the upcoming RKWard 0.4.8 is available, here:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.8pre1.tar.gz . Could you try
compiling this? Does this fix your problem, by any chance?

If nothing seems to help, could you try
# ldd rkward/rkward.bin
and
# ldd /your/path/to/R/lib/libR.so