[rkward-devel] Commands from script editor and console history

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 20 19:17:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

could you take a look at this thread in the forum:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4515229 ?

The issue, here, is how to deal with commands that are run (through the
console) from the script editor window. Should those be added to the console
history, or should only commands entered directly in the console be added to
the history?

If think for single lines (such as Run->Run current line), the answer is
probably, that, yes, those should be added to the history. I'm not quite sure
about longer sequences, spanning multiple lines, however. For those I often
found it rather convenient that they do not clutter the console history. At
the same time, making a distinction between these two cases (single line /
multi line) would probably be *really* confusing.

Any ideas / opinions on what the behavior should be?