[rkward-devel] KDE4 porting status

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:52:00 UTC 2007

2007/10/22, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:

> 2007/10/22, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:
> >
> > On Monday 22 October 2007, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> > > I tried to configure it too today. I used the ubuntu libraries and the
> > > links provided by PK and everything went right until the R library. I
> > have
> > > R installed locally to my home folder and I compile every new version
> > and
> > > packages. When I give -DR_LIBDIR= /home/user/Projects/R/library I get
> > the
> > > error
> > > 'CMake Error: The source directory "/home/user/Projects/R/library"
> > does not
> > > appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.'
> >
> > I forgot to add: If there is a problem picking up the correct version of
> > R,
> > the equivalent of the old ./configure parameter --with-r-home
> > is -DR_HOME=/path/to/R .
> >

> Alright. Cmake worked. Make worked. Make install did not. Could not find a
> dir, but it seems that it is not needed because I run rkward locally. Am I
> wrong?

 Some more info on this
$ make install
[  0%] Built target rkwardwrapper
[ 16%] Built target windows
[ 21%] Built target agents
[ 25%] Built target dialogs
[ 47%] Built target plugin
[ 58%] Built target settings
[ 69%] Built target dataeditor
[ 74%] Built target core
[ 76%] Built target scriptbackends
[ 83%] Built target rbackend
[ 93%] Built target misc
[100%] Built target rkward.bin
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/home/user/Projects/rkward_kde4/build/rkward/cmake_install.cmake:35:
FILE cannot create directory: /share/apps/rkward. Maybe need administrative
privileges.
Current CMake stack:
[2]     /home/user/Projects/rkward_kde4/build/rkward/cmake_install.cmake
[1]     /home/user/Projects/rkward_kde4/build/cmake_install.cmake
make: *** [install] Error 255

Regards,
Ilias