[rkward-devel] KDE4 porting status

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 00:12:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 10/21/07, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 22 October 2007, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > ok "moc-qt4 -v" shows
> > Qt Meta Object Compiler version 59 (Qt 4.3.2)
> >
> > I think that is fine! Let me know if it is not..
>
> yes, but the question is, which version "moc" itself is, i.e. whether
> # moc -v
> shows version 3 or 4. If it's version 3, you'll need to make sure version 4 is
> first in the path for the kde 4 user.

OK, I placed a symlink in my ~/bin directory to /usr/bin/moc-qt4

> > -- Checking for R package library location to use
> > CMake Error:
> > /usr/local/lib/R/site-library:/usr/lib/R/site-library:/usr/lib/R/library
> > does not exist
> > -- Configuring done
>
> I see, my bad. While I think of the correct fix,
> add -DR_LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/R/site-library to the cmake options.

Great, but that dir does not have "write" permissions while "make
install". I am using the following:
 -DR_LIBDIR=/home/kde4-devel/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu/2.5
as obtained from /etc/R/Renviron

> > I have R 2.5.1 though... For KDE3 compilation I had to use
> > CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 and CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.2 before ./configure. What
> > are the relevant options here?
>
> The same should do the trick, as far as I know. But this is all new to me as
> well.

That works... I was able to cmake & make & make install.. And finally
got a 'polished" front end.. But neither Filesystem browser nor
RConsole... work.. A simple ls() crashes rkward... and Browser Doesn't
show anything, though it does not crash.. I will try to send a
detailed report later..

Regards
PK