[rkward-devel] Website / Screenshots call for help

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Oct 5 15:02:57 UTC 2007

Hi all, hi Yves,

I forgot to send a thank-you to Yves, when he announced he no longer has the
time to work on the website. Well, here you go: Thanks a lot for your great
work! Fortunately, not many on this list will remember what the website
looked like before you started to work on it some two years ago. I still do,
and I'm glad you got rid of it for us!

Well, all good work needs to be adjusted every once in a while, so with Yves
gone, I'll try to trick somebody else into getting involved into website
maintainance ;-). More precisely, probably one of the most important pages on
the website is the screenshots-page
(http://rkward.sourceforge.net/index.php?content=screenshots). However, this
page is in need of some love. It needs both new screenshots (Ilias sent me a
good bunch a while ago, which I never got around to add), as well as some
internal changes. We'd need a solution to make it easier to add new / manage
existing screenshots, make it easier to navigate the growing collection of
screenshots for the user, and improve the overall look of this page a bit.

Taking on this task would require some knowledge of PHP and HTML, and of
course a bit of time to spare. The reward will be honest gratitude, a
news-item mentioning your name on the front-page, and associated
bragging-rights. If you feel you could help with this, please contact me to
get the required permissions / more info.