[rkward-devel] KDElibs 4c2a dependency prolem installing RKward 0.4.8

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Oct 5 12:51:28 UTC 2007

hello,

am Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007 (12:38) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> here's a shortcut for the first steps:
> 1) Add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
> deb-src http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian ./
>
> 2) Fetch packages needed for compilation:
> apt-get update
> apt-get build-dep rkward
>
> 3) Fetch source package:
> apt-get source rkward

oh yes, that's even more comfortable. we could probably compile some sort of
your-own-package-mini-howto for the web page, what do you think?

nonetheless, after some backchecking with matthieu, it seems we have a bigger
issue here:

am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007 (23:53) schrieb Matthieu Stigler:
> checking for i486-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc-4.2
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> See `config.log' for more details.

trying it myself on a rather fresh kubuntu feisty installation, i must confirm
that this error has a nasty cause: there is no (official) gcc-4.2 package for
feisty. i didn't find a usable backport either. are there technical reasons
not to allow gcc 4.1 to compile rkward?

i would offer to try to compile gcc-4.2 from the gutsy sources, but i'm about
to leave for an adventurous train trip (in germany, the engine drivers are on
strike today -- though this will lead in some discomforts for me, i support
their cause...). i won't be back before tomorrow evening.

viele gruesse :: m.eik

heinrich-heine-universit"at