[rkward-devel] KDElibs 4c2a dependency prolem installing RKward 0.4.8

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:42:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am not sure if you are subscribed to rkward-devel, so I am Cc -ing you too.

On 10/4/07, Matthieu Stigler <stigler3 at etu.unige.ch> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed today the 2.6 version of R, with the consequence that the
> 0.4.6 version of RKward is not running anymore.

The notes section from  http://rkward.sourceforge.net/ specifies your
problem: "Previous releases of RKWard will not work with the upcoming
R 2.6.0"

> I tried to install the new version (I'm excited to see it!) from  the
> debian: rkward_0.4.8-1_i386_sid.deb
> <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/rkward/rkward_0.4.8-1_i386_sid.deb?use_mirror=mesh>
> but I still have the problem that: "Error: Dependency is not
> satisfiable: kdelibs 4c2a" but I already have kdelibs 4c2a (version
> 4:4.5.6-0 Ubuntu14.1)...

I guess it is not advisable to mix Debian/Sid with Ubuntu packages. It
is not difficult to compile rkward. Get the .tar.gz package from the
same place and get the following packages from ubuntu repo (using
apt-get install)

$ apt-get install php4-cli r-base-dev kdelibs4-dev automake1.9 autotools-dev

Having done that, just follow the usual procedure... (cd into the
rkward-0.4.8 dir first)

$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

Easy! Don't be afraid to compile. If you want to uninstall for some reason.

$ sudo make uninstall # from the same dir are above.

> What should I do? Do you know where is the problem? I'm really desperate
> because i have to give my statistical analysis in a few days... Than you
> very much for your help!!

Let us know if the compilation works...

Regards
PK