[rkward-devel] compiling issues (0.4.8a) on gutsy

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Nov 14 12:27:44 UTC 2007

hello,

i was just building a .deb for kubuntu gutsy (7.10) and ran into some
problems. but eventually i fixed them already and just wanted to share my
insights with you ;-)

the system was upgraded from feisty, on a fresh gutsy installation some of
these problems might not occur. take for instance the symlink /usr/bin/gcc,
which on my system pointed to gcc-4.1, though 4.2 was installed.

a second symlink was missing and resulted in a "ld: cannot find -lgfortran"
error. to fix that, a
  ln -s /usr/lib/lgfortran.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/lgfortran.so
would suffice.

and last but not least i think i ran into a bug in the debian/rules script. on
my system "/usr/bin/R CMD config CC" spits out "gcc -std=gnu99", which caused
an export-call in the rules script to fail with "export: 4: -std: bad
variable name". i simply quoted it and all went fine; here's a patch:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/rules.patch

viele gruesse :: m.eik

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf