[RkWard-devel] Mailing list(s)

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:55:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 29 March 2007 08:26:15 pm Michel Lang wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. März 2007 17:47 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Well, so how about some of those that are subscribed but usually just
> > read and not post: Would you like to have a users' list?
>
> Well, I guess the current traffic is low enough to stay with only this
> list, but as you said, an additional rkward-users would sound less scary
> and prevents from unsubscribtion of end users due to getting mostly
> non-relevant informations about rkward-internals. rkward-announce would
> also be nice, as rkward did not yet hit the repositories on most (all?)
> linux distributions.

Thinking on this I have to confess, that when I first joined this list
(10/27/05), I was just a user and used to get the mails in digest format
which was automatically filtered away into a different label in gmail and I
hardly bothered to read.

So, though the volume of mails from a user (non-contributor) is nearly "zero",
it makes sense to keep a user list and market it aggressively. We really need
to expand our user base....   And having just one mailing list will harm in
that cause.

> IMHO mails from non-subscriber should be approved by moderators on all
> rkward related mailing lists. Those image attached spam mails, by-passing
> most bayesian spam filters, are really a pain in the ass. Furthermore I
> assume that the amount of mails, which are firstly from non subscribers and
> are secondly not spam, is not a hell of a lot.
>
> I would volunteer, but can only offer a sporadic frequency in checking
> those mails.

Good.

Regards
PK