[RkWard-devel] ".not" as a property for convert id

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 29 22:23:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Friday 30 March 2007 00:11, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I don't think the ".not" property to a <convert> id to access the
> logical-not of the id is documented anywhere, or at least I have not seen
> it. It would good to document it may be somewhere in the "Properties of
> plugin elements" section of the writing_plugins_introduction.docbook"

technically it's a "modifier", not a property. And it is documented
under "boolean properties", here:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/documents/devel/plugins/reference.html#propertytypes .
But no, it's not too easy to find... Any idea on where this info would fit in
nicely?

Also note, that - unfortunately - modifiers are a bit tricky to use. For
instance, if you have a checkbox like this:

	<checkbox id="cb" value_unchecked="0" value="1" checked="true" .../>

cb.state.not will be the *string* "0". Writing something like

	<convert ... mode="and" sources="bla.state;cb.state.not"/>

will not work as expected, unfortunately, which greatly limits its usefulness.
I guess I'll have to work on this some more, some day.