[RkWard-devel] Ordinal nominal

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:55:25 UTC 2007

These days I  came across some data with ordinal and nominal values. The
project was to be done with SPSS but I said to try with R and rkward with
which I go faster.

However there were some ordinal data which SPSS has a way to handle them.
For example for variable ABC in the variables tab you declare:
from 1 to 4
1 as A
2 as B
3 as C
4 as D
Thus it can run the wilcoxon tests and other no parametric needed. But when
I import the data the variables are imported as factor variables and the
wilcoxon tests don't play.

>From your knowledge in R is there a way we can handle this? Can we do
something with RKWard?

Regards,