[RkWard-devel] starting errors?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 26 10:18:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Monday 26 March 2007 00:28, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> To reproduce ( "often"): (assuming the the files/dirs are backedup)
> $ rm -rf ~/.kde.share/config/rkwardrc ~/.rkward
> $ rkward
> click OK for the message box and immediately change focus to the
> konsole.. (alt+tab) and hopefully you will see these errors...

another way to reproduce (around 30% "success" rate, here), is to press Alt+3
(switch to "Pending Jobs" window) sometime during startup. And yes, it was
still essentially the same thing that Ilias had reported a while ago, only a
bit less likely to be triggered.

Well, I think I have fixed this for now. You'll continue to see "Assert
failed" messages about this from time to time, as the code is still a bit
buggy, and will have to be reworked, eventually (but I suspect nobody really
uses the Pending Jobs view, anyway, so it's not a particularily high
priority). The crash should be fixed, however.