[RkWard-devel] need a little help..

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 22 23:22:03 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 23:58, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> YES, this is a much better and modular approach. I think we should go for
> this method. I will try to make in over tonight.

Ok, great! Don't worry too much about any deadlines, if it turns out to be too
much work. If we need to shift this by a few extra days, that's not a big
deal at all.

> Should this
> plot_clt_common.php be in the same folder as the other plot_*_clt.php
> files?

Yes, that's where it logically belongs. Note that it does not need to be added
to the .pluginmap in any way, only to the Makefile.am (I'll make sure to
update the makefile before the release, so don't worry about that, unless you
feel like it).

> > Note that a lot of the XML is also the same in all plugins, but right now
> > I don't see any good way to abstract all the common parts there, beyond
> > what you already do by embedding the histogram_options and
> > plot_stepfun_options plugins.
>
> Well, if we can find a better way, we'll look into it then.

Right. If you have any ideas, how this could look like in the .xml, I'll think
about how those could be implemented (assuming there really is no good way to
do this with the current concepts). Probably not something for 0.4.7, though.