[RkWard-devel] need a little help..

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:39:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 22 March 2007 02:30:41 pm Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> t distribution:
> 1) the
> 	if ($ncp == "0")
> on line 33 has no effect, as you have not assigned the variable $ncp in
> PHP.

How did I miss that? Fixed. Thanks.

> Also, you might want to rewrite this to
> 	if ($ncp == 0)
> to signify that this is really a numeric comparison, and not a string
> comparison. PHP will cope with that, even if the string actually returned
> by the spinbox is something like "0.00000", but it's slightly cleaner.

Done.

> 2) One tab too many on line 117 of the PHP file; Missing tabs on lines 87
> and 92.

Can you check the indentation for F/t/Weibull now? If things are ok the I will
change the other CLT plugins too. Lets get ONE CLT plugin perfect first!

> 3) The logic to ensure df > 2 is neat, but I don't think it's needed. Just
> set min="2.0001" in the spinbox, and explain the limitation in the rkh (as
> you've already done).

I am looking at it this way: As it is now, the user gets to know the exact
issue right away. There is already some empty GUI space which can be used to
provide some more information without needing the user to refer to the help
file. I feel this is more transparent.

> 4) I haven't looked up the variance and expectation calculations, so I'll
> trust you on that.

I will go over the mean and variance calculation once again tonight!

> 5) Perhaps change the default_precision of the df and ncp spinboxes to 1,
> to make scrolling through the values faster.

Done.

> Weilbull distribution:
> Basically comments 2, 4, and 5 from above apply (with different line
> numbers and spinbox-names).

Same comments here. I have modified the F CLT plugin as well. If things go
fine (and I have enough time tonight), I will modify the other CLT plugins as
well.

> That's all I could find, and it's all pretty minor stuff, so these are in
> pretty good shape. Good work!

My pleasure :)

> I'll look at the other CLT plugins, later, but I guess the indentation
> issues are copy-and-pasted, and the comment about spinbox precision will
> probably apply to most continuos distribution CLT plugins, as well.

 Again lets make ONE plugin immaculate first!

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards
PK