[RkWard-devel] need a little help..

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 22 18:30:41 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 09:48, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> OK, I have added the t and weibull CLT plugins with a more transparent
> implementation. Take a look, and let me know if things need to be modified.

Few things:
t distribution:
1) the
	if ($ncp == "0")
on line 33 has no effect, as you have not assigned the variable $ncp in PHP.
Also, you might want to rewrite this to
	if ($ncp == 0)
to signify that this is really a numeric comparison, and not a string
comparison. PHP will cope with that, even if the string actually returned by
the spinbox is something like "0.00000", but it's slightly cleaner.

2) One tab too many on line 117 of the PHP file; Missing tabs on lines 87 and
92.

3) The logic to ensure df > 2 is neat, but I don't think it's needed. Just set
min="2.0001" in the spinbox, and explain the limitation in the rkh (as you've
already done).

4) I haven't looked up the variance and expectation calculations, so I'll
trust you on that.

5) Perhaps change the default_precision of the df and ncp spinboxes to 1, to
make scrolling through the values faster.

Weilbull distribution:
Basically comments 2, 4, and 5 from above apply (with different line numbers
and spinbox-names).

That's all I could find, and it's all pretty minor stuff, so these are in
pretty good shape. Good work!

I'll look at the other CLT plugins, later, but I guess the indentation issues
are copy-and-pasted, and the comment about spinbox precision will probably
apply to most continuos distribution CLT plugins, as well.