[RkWard-devel] need a little help..

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:35:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 08:01:49 am Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> I'm afraid, I don't fully understand, why you need the values in PHP,
> though. Is there no chance to calculate all in R? Could you provide some
> pseudo-code to illustrate the problem?

Well, I was using the param values from the GUI to calculate the expectation
and variance in php code, then send them to R for drwaing the normal samples
and adjusting the scales. This could have been avoided, if only forseen!

> The other reason is that I'd like to keep all significant going ons
> visible to the user (if interested). The PHP code is not easily visible to
> the user, so all it should do is translate user settings into R code, no
> more than that.

I completely agree. I should have taken care of this earlier. I will try to
modify them in only the troublesome distribution: t and weibull for now, and
may be adjust all the others later (after 0.4.7).

Regards
PK