[RkWard-devel] HTML output

Stefan Roediger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 21:53:33 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I added some information about the usage of the HTML output in an external
application. Actually I planed to add some sentences about images and so on
too. But while I was testing my ideas I stumbled over some thins. I found
that KWord handles HTML really poor in contrast to OpenOffice.org. Images are
not shown on KWord when imported from HTML and tables look different (though
still correct regarding the content). Moreover copy and paste is limited too.
Or one can drag and drop images from RKWard within KDE for example in KWord,
OpenOffice.org or Konqueror but should I mention this? Is this only a KDE
feature (would it work on Gnome  ...)? What are your thoughts or ideas how
external application can be used for further processing of results? I would
like to give the inexperienced (RKWard) user some starting points.
I find this issue rather important since one goal of RKWard is to "take care
of seamless integration with an office-suite".