[RkWard-devel] plot_stepfun_options

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 18 15:11:39 UTC 2007

Hi Prasenjit,

I just changed the ECDF plot plugin to use your embeddable
plot_stepfun_options plugin. I changed two small aspects of
plot_stepfun_options, and one further comment:

1) default_verticals seemed to have no effect. I've changed it to actually
control drawing of vertical lines, and changed it to default to false, but
maybe I've overlooked something.

2) The "varname" property seemed to be unused, and I removed it. A leftover
from when this had rug() functionality built in?

The comment: Maybe it would make sense to add the col.01line option from
plot.ecdf() to this plugin after all, but add another option to control,
whether this is available or not (and probably defaulting to false). Right
now, it looks like we're using this embeddable plugin at many places for
plot.ecdf(), but never for plain plot.stepfun(), so this might be rather
useful.

P.S.: Are you planning to work on making the grid() plugin embeddable and
embedding it into plot_options before 0.4.7? If not, I'll move it form
under_development to x11device.