[RkWard-devel] Window navigation

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 1 23:36:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

sorry for bombarding y'all with mails, but there's another thing I'd like to
get some feedback on (take you time, though, I won't be quick in implementing
your suggestions, anyway):

There are now two new menu-items under Windows: Next Window and Previous
Window (you need to make install to see them). These can be used to cycle
between the recently used windows, including the tool windows.

1) Does it work for you? Bugs?
2) Suggestions on shortcuts for these actions (easy to remember and not yet
taken)?
3) Suggestions for icons for these actions (so they can be added to the
toolbar)? Note that "back" and "forward" are already used for navigating HTML
pages, so we'd need something distinct from that to avoid confusion.
4) With these actions in place, do we really need additional actions to
activate the Console / Browser / Log / ...? Or does this cover your needs?
Would additional actions to activate the respective tool windows be helpful
to discover those, or would they just add menu-bloat and confusion?