[RkWard-devel] Plotting options

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:14:35 UTC 2007

> I rather prefere to keep it the way it is (and to do it the same way as R
> does
> it. At least I would expect from a R GUI to act almost as R does). Most
> papers I read (biosciences) present "simple" graphs with not to much bling
> bling. This mean no background, few colors but dashed, dotted lines and so
> on
> (and in most cases black and white).

It is about who we are targeting. If we target scientists who write papers
you are right. But these people use R form console and write the code to do
what they want, and do not use plugins. But if we target business and
"simple" users mainly trying to find a replacement of a statistical package
(like SPSS) in Linux then I think that we have to make a step and put some
color in RKWard. A light background and some solid points could not save
much toner after all ;).