[RkWard-devel] Plugin status tracking

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 31 16:20:02 UTC 2007

Hi!

Well, the new policy is for new plugins to go to under_development.pluginmap,
first. Now, that it's time to start thinking about the timeframe for the next
release (I'll write a mail on that, soon), we need to find a way to
coordinate testing efforts.

Maybe the wiki is a good place to do this. I have added a new page:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Development_Status_of_Plugins
and added some status information on the plugins I'm currently working on,
myself. Maybe you could also add yours to this.

The idea is
a) the author (or whoever is currently active on that plugin) adds an
indication, whether they think the plugin is complete ("Status: Complete"),
and when they last tested it themselves. Status: Complete means: "I think
it's good, and I do not intend to change anything in the near future."

b) once a plugin is marked as "Status: Complete", others should start testing
it. If there are problems, write to this list, or contact the author /
editor. If you can not find any problems, add a line
** Tested by (when): name / YYYY-MM-DD

c) once a plugin has been tested by several developers it can be moved to the
correct .pluginmap, so it will be properly included in the next release. When
doing so, it will be moved to the "Plugins recently included" section in the
wiki.

Does this sound good to you? If so, please start adding status information for
your plugins.