[RkWard-devel] Modified and new distribution plots

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 20:09:24 UTC 2007

@ Thomas,
> I've already sent you some feedback in private mail, but we seem to have
> overlapped.

Yeah think of the odds! My Kmail checks for new mail every 30 mins and we
managed to reply inside an interval, anyway!

> Am I correct in assuming, that the diff you attached is exactly the same as
> what you sent to me as files? If so, the changes are already added (except

No. The svn diff includes a whole lot of additions and modifications than the
tar.gz file (the one I sent on Saturday).

> for the menu change). If not, could you provide a new diff against an
> updated SVN tree (probably by first moving your files to a safe location,
> then running svn up, then copying them back, then running svn diff)?

Yes, I will do that but hold on for two days, I will apply the changes you
suggested in the personal mail and then provide a better version.

> > ToDo?
> > --------
> > 1. For every distribution, instead of keep three menu entries (like Beta
> > probs, Beta quantiles, Plot Beta distbn.) would it be better to merge
> > them to one window but three different <tab>s under <tabbook>?
>
> We'd need to be careful not to make the plugins overly complex. I guess it
> may make sense to combine the probabilities/quantiles plugins into one,
> each, since they really do mostly the same thing. Stefan, since you wrote
> those, what's your opinion on this?

OK thats a reasonable thing. Let's wait for Stefan's opinion. May be we can
use another radio and "logic" trick to show quantiles/probabilities?

> > 2. Is it possible for the "Lower tail" checkbox to be "enabled" only when
> > the "distribution function" radio is selected and "disabled" when
> > "density" function radio is selected?
>
> Yes. Add the following section to the .xml (example):
>
> <logic>
>                 <convert id="dodist" mode="equals"
> sources="function.string" standard="dbinom" />
>
>                 <connect client="lower.enabled" governor="dodist" />
> </logic>

Thanks, I will make the neccessary changes and send a new diff patch in a few
days.

Regards
PK