[RkWard-devel] Slight .pluginmap reorganization

SJR stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Jan 24 22:59:12 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2007 21:00 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi!
>
> With more and more plugins coming in (a good thing!)

I like it too ;)

> I think it was time
> for two small reorganizations:
>
> 1) I have removed all component declarations and menu definitions from
> all.pluginmap, and moved the remaining ones to two new maps:
> analysis.pluginmap and import_export.pluginmap. all.pluginmap simply
> includes all other plugin maps, but does not define any entries by itself.

Actually this is much better than before.

> The idea is that users may want to select only some "modules" of
> functionality. all.pluginmap will give them all plugins, and corresponds to
> selecting all other pluginmaps manually.

This makes RKWard much more customizable.

> 2) I have added an (empty) .pluginmap called "under_development". The idea
> is that all newly developed plugins should be put into this pluginmap and
> nowhere else. Once a plugin has been tested by several developers, and is
> considered to be "stable", it can then be moved to whichever map it
> logically belongs in. under_development.pluginmap is the only one not
> included in all.pluginmap.
>
> So, for all new plugins you create from now on, please place them in
> under_development.pluginmap, first. This is to make sure, end users will
> not see them until they are tested.
>
> While we'll need to have much more elaborate quality control in the long
> run, I think this is a reasonable first step of ensuring plugins will get
> decent testing before inclusion in a release.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I have made the changes (hopefully according to the plans).
@Ilias
scatterplot_matrix, cor_graph and barplot are for the time being in
under_development.pluginmap till they are considered as stable. Later they
just need to be merged to plot.pluginmap
@me
for wilcoxon_test and wilcoxon_exact_test the same happened as for the plots
mentioned above
@PK
I think me or Thomas has to do it for you since you have no svn access (or do
you?)
@Thomas
Hope I did not mess it up to much. But as usual you'll check everything with
patience.
I think I have forgotten to transfer those entries from
import_export.pluginmap to under_development.pluginmap. (I lost the track if
there was a developmental change recently (updated me local copy before going
through all changes, stupid me).
The Makefile.am pays attention to all existing pluginmaps (at least I hope
so).