[RkWard-devel] GUI feature request drop down list

SJR stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Jan 12 16:38:55 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 12. Januar 2007 15:06 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Monday 08 January 2007 21:05, SJR wrote:
> > That's fine. A simple drop-down list in addition to the current <radio/>
> > is very useful I think. Moreover it would be useful for a bunch of
> > options as mentioned above. <radio> is under certain circumstances
> > "somehow" waste of space. A drop down list can offer many options while
> > keeping "small".
>
> Added this in SVN (only to the development branch, of course). It's not
> documented, yet, but the story is quite short: Use exactly as <radio>
> except that you write <dropdown> instead of <radio>. Same attributes, same
> way of specifying the options.
> A test of this is on the "Type" tab of the scatterplot plugin.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

It works. Even choosing the decisive option by the first letter. It's a great
convenience. I love it! definitely a must for color selection (how many
colours are there? More than 600.

Anyway, finally I'll have the chance to draw a "saddlebrown" or "royalblue4"
graph instead of just a boring black. ;)

Just kidding. How to deal with this huge number of options this can't be
inserted in a "normal" plug in as option. Via an "embed" "color
option-plug-in"?
However, this will certainly improve RKWards plug-ins in many ways.

Stefan