[RkWard-devel] cor_grap

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 12 16:07:35 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 16:35, SJR wrote:
> Fine, I'll do so.
> BTW, I need some information. How to access the developmental branch
> (ksvn+https://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/s ... ) ? Or is the current
> considered as the developmental?

Yes, the current is the development or "main" branch. This is signified by the
word "trunk" in the path. The release branch is at
https://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/branches/release_branch_0.4.5 .
It will become a "dead end" with the release of 0.4.5 (unless an additional
0.4.5a bugfix release becomes necessary).

Since almost all changes that will go into the 0.4.5 release should also
become part of subsequent releases, it's easiest to continue doing all work
on the "main" branch, i.e. trunk. Then, as a second step, I "merge" those
changes that should become part of 0.4.5 into the release branch. Here's how
to do this using the command line:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.copychanges.html
No idea, how it works in kdesvn. But it can take care of doing the merging, if
you don't want to have to worry about all this. In fact, I've already merged
all relevant changes up to the current revision (1137), including your
commits.

BTW, are you subscribed to the commit mailing list
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rkward-cvs)? It's certainly not
a requirement, but it's probably the easiest way to stay informed about
what's going on in SVN (and I wish I had named the list rkward-commits
instead rkward-cvs back then. Too late to rename it, now). Note that the list
archives tend to be lagging considerably, sometimes by several days, but the
commit messages typically (not always) come in fairly quickly.

Another thing we should have some documentation on (probably in the wiki)...