[RkWard-devel] RKWard 0.4.5pre1, 0.4.5 release process

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 12 11:03:45 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 19:25, SJR wrote:
> Maybe you could use
> run.png (/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/actions/ on my system)
> for "Run current line" and
> kleansweep.png for "Flush Output" (icon from kleansweep
> (http://linux.bydg.org/~yogin/#))
>
> (see attachment)

For now, I went for player_end.png (icons/[...]/actions) for "Run current
line". It does not visualize what exactly to expect any better than run.png,
but it has a common theme with the other run actions. Or do you think, it's
too confusingly similar? Anyway, in the long run, we probably want custom
items for the run actions. Any pixel artists on this list?

For "Flush Output" I now went with editdelete.png instead of editclear.png. It
looks more dangerous, and is probably easier to recognize. I didn't go for
kleansweep.png, since I think it is not good enough in this context to
justify including another image file in the release (kleansweep.png can not
be assumed to be installed on all systems, whereas, I think, editdelete.png
can).

> It's not okay. It's perfect! One click and my Output is "clean" again. I
> like it and I think users will like it that way too.

Well, I'm not a big user of toolbar icons, that's why it never really occured
to me to add it there, before. Now that I thought about it, I reviewed some
of the other parts, and added a bunch of already existing actions to the
menubar, toolbar, or both. Since these changes do not change any translatable
strings, and really just mean simple modifications to the ui.rc files, I
think I'll include them in 0.4.5 despite the freeze, considering this as a
sort of bug-fixes.

> > > BTW, what is the reason for having "Configure Pakages" in Workspace
> > > besides Settings?
> >
> > Actually, I don't remember. I've stumbled across this before, but could
> > not make up my mind, which one to keep, and which one to throw away.
> > Opinions?
>
> That from Workspace. As a user I would search in Settings since I can set
> or change there anything.

Ok, I'll wait for another short while for objections, then remove it. Doing it
for 0.4.5 probably is a good idea, again, as we will have to put out a note
about several menu-changes anyway.

> Another issue came to my mind (playing again as a user/R-beginner) . One
> can install and load/unload packages, yes? But remove? Where is the remove
> button? ;)

In the TODO list, of course, that's where you'll find mostly everything ;-)