[RkWard-devel] GUI feature request drop down list

SJR stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 20:05:03 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2007 21:50 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Saturday 06 January 2007 01:55, SJR wrote:
> > I would like to see something like this
> > http://www.ajaxian.com/archives/ajax-dropdownlist-dotnet.gif
> > in RKWards GUI logic. This would be for example a nice way to handle
> > color selection (from the users view not form the point of the
> > programmers who has to create it ;) ) and models, regression models and
> > so on.
>
> Not sure, what you're asking for.

I hoped the image would help to clarify.

> - A simple drop-down list in addition to the current <radio/>? That would
> be very easy to do. Added to TODO list.

That's fine. A simple drop-down list in addition to the current <radio/> is
very useful I think. Moreover it would be useful for a bunch of options as
mentioned above. <radio> is under certain circumstances "somehow" waste of
space. A drop down list can offer many options while keeping "small".

> - A good way to let the user select, e.g.
> var a should be plotted in red, as circles
> var b should be plotted in black, as squares
> var c should be plotted in blue, as crosses
> ... for an arbitrary number of selected variables? Would be very handy,
> indeed. Need some time to think about how this would best be implemented.

Good.

> Regards
> Thomas

Stefan