[RkWard-devel] Basic help system in SVN

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jan 8 17:03:41 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have now added a basic help system for RKWard in the SVN tree. This can be
used both to document plugins, and to provide more general information on
rkward features. It supports links between those help pages, as well as to R
help pages and external sources.

The documentation format used, is not yet documented, itself, but I hope the
basic format is understandable as is. It is based on a simple XML, which is
translated to a HTML page internally. You can even use real HTML inside the
documentation, but please try to avoid this, except for some simple

To give it a try right now, you will (after an svn update) have to do the
following steps:

1) make -f Makefile.svn
2) ./configure
(these two are needed, again, because I added a whole new subdirectory, with a
new Makefile.am)
3) make install (so the help pages will get found)

I intend to prepare a preview release soon, and soon afterwards to declare a
feature freeze for the next release (more details on that, later). So please
commit any new features now, or delay them. Adding new help pages, other
documentation, bug fixes, etc. will still be possible of course.