[RkWard-devel] Graphics devices

Renaud Lacour renaud.lacour at free.fr
Thu Jan 4 01:20:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm running the latest Debian-packaged Rkward under Sid.
I'm getting into trouble while using graphics in Rkward. I'm not talking
of graphics generated by plugins in the output tab. I'm talking of
graphics drawn by (command line) R functions such as acf() (tseries)
which aren't available as plugins.

Starting with an empty workspace, let the following lines be R commands
typed in the terminal tab :

x=rnorm(1000)
plot(x)

A new window entitled "R Graphics: Device 2 (ACTIVE) - RKWard" opens and
shows a gray background and no graphics.

The Konsole output shows :

Debug-flags as decimal: 8191
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x81e0828 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "window_close" *** attempt
to put segment in horiz list twice *** attempt to put segment in horiz
list twice

R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

[...]

rkward: *** Embed 65011714 into 33556934. window=0
rkward:  failure to withdraw window
Assert failed at rkwardapplication.cpp - function registerNameWatcher
line 73

Although quite frequent, that is not always the case, Rkward sometimes
displays my graphics.

I tried to display x plot on Rkward's output tab using teh following
commands :

dev.off()
rk.graph.on()
plot(x)
rk.graph.off()

but the output tab only shows a blank image. Output refresh doesn't help
yet the image actually exists in ~/.rkward.

Other output devices however seem to work fine.

I would be glad if you could help me resolve this problem. Thank you.
--
Renaud Lacour <renaud.lacour at free.fr>