[RkWard-devel] Quick survey: Startup note

Stefan Roediger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 28 20:06:32 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007 20:48 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2007 19:08, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > Also, it would be nice to get an idea of the current usage of RKWard.
> > rkward-devel has 41 members. So, these 41 members surely use RKWard. Who
> > (or rather how many) else do?
>
> Good question. The SF download stats
> (http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=50231&ugn=rkward&
>mode=week&&type=prdownload) give a hint. However, it's hard to tell, how
> many people actually use RKWard, versus just having downloaded it once (but
> perhaps never got it to compile, did not like it, or do not use it for some
> other reason), how many people still use older versions, etc. Also, recent
> versions of RKWard are available in debian and FreeBSD repositories (and a
> number of less popular
> distributions), and we don't see those "downloads" in the stats. For
> debian, there is the "popcon"
> (http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=rkward), but I don't know, what
> percentage of debian users actually participates in that.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I can add that the number of goggle entries considerable grow over past few
months. Though there are many entries just mirrowed frome somewhere else I
often found entries or recommendation of people not related to R.

And by chance  Detlef Steuer will build a rpm of RKWard in future. This would
give RKWard certainly a huge user-base push.