[RkWard-devel] Quick survey: Startup note

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 28 19:48:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 19:08, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Also, it would be nice to get an idea of the current usage of RKWard.
> rkward-devel has 41 members. So, these 41 members surely use RKWard. Who
> (or rather how many) else do?

Good question. The SF download stats
(http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=50231&ugn=rkward&mode=week&&type=prdownload)
give a hint. However, it's hard to tell, how many people actually use RKWard,
versus just having downloaded it once (but perhaps never got it to compile,
did not like it, or do not use it for some other reason), how many people
still use older versions, etc. Also, recent versions of RKWard are available
in debian and FreeBSD repositories (and a number of less popular
distributions), and we don't see those "downloads" in the stats. For debian,
there is the "popcon" (http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=rkward), but I
don't know, what percentage of debian users actually participates in that.