[RkWard-devel] Plotting options

Stefan Roediger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 28 19:42:07 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007 18:27 schrieb I. Soumpasis:
> Today I was "playing" with some old data, to do some time series analysis
> and I saw some Minitab graphs and compared with that to R. So I came to an
> idea about plotting. Should we change the default plotting options in
> RKWard so to be a little bit more "elegant"?
>
> Here is an  example I used and I liked it
> par(bg="light gray", las=2, fg="black", pch=19)
>
> Regards,
> Ilias

I rather prefere to keep it the way it is (and to do it the same way as R does
it. At least I would expect from a R GUI to act almost as R does). Most
papers I read (biosciences) present "simple" graphs with not to much bling
bling. This mean no background, few colors but dashed, dotted lines and so on
(and in most cases black and white).
I mentioned it before when I was posting about the color options. Keep it
simple keep it "clean" is my preferred way to present results. (moreover it
saves toner when you print it ;) ).

Regards
Stefan