[RkWard-devel] new export plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 19:45:37 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 20:16, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Yes surely. What got me confused earlier (and then thinking!) is that
> by this method, we can  set the width and height spinboxes to be
> specified only in inches (avoiding the pixel-inches <logic>
> alltogether in xml). For jpeg/png, we can use width=$width*$resolution
> (height=$height*$resolution) when either of them is provided (in
> inches) and your solution ("par("din")[1]".$resolution) when both are
> auto. As for ps/pdf, the usual width=$width (height=$height), in
> inches will work. Is this a "confusing oversimplification"?

Hm, interesting idea. I like everything that make things simpler, and this
would really simplify the <logic>-section a lot, without taking away
functionality. I guess it would also be rather less confusing, as the
spinboxes will stay in place, and not switch measurement units.

Only drawback is - to me, as a native to the metric system - that I always get
mildly annoyed when forced to use inches ;) I guess it's still the way to go,
though, unless anybody feels strongly otherwise.

Minor correction to the pseudo-code:
> if ($png_jpeg) {
	if (getRK_val ("autores")) $resolution = 96;
	else $resolution = getRK_val ("resolution");