[RkWard-devel] opensuse build service

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 19:02:50 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 19:42, Detlef Steuer wrote:
> Actually I build the 'official' R-base rpms for Suse using this build
> service. It´s a great tool. If nobody else is looking into this I´ll
> try to start with the mandriva spec file and keep the list informed.

That would be great! Note that the mandriva spec has been updated recently to
be slightly more correct than it was when I wrote the last mail.

> Ok, it made it on my todo. but you know your todo and your schedule.
> Same here.

;-)

> It is a little bit more complicated to package rkward, if kde-packaging
> guidelines must/should be followed. I´m no kde user and have a bit of a
> learning curve here. Should be relatively easy just to get an
> installable rpm, but maybe without correct kde-menu entries etc. Is
> that ok?

Even an imperfect package would be better than not having a package at all. So
yes, that's more than ok. Also, with a bit of luck (ok, a rather large bit of
luck), somebody else will improve on your spec, once a beginning is made.

Creating the kde menu entries should be a matter of installing the
rkward.desktop file to the correct directory. Unfortunately, the "correct
directory" seems to differ across distributions, but maybe you can find out,
where other kde packages place their .desktop files. BTW, I'm not a gnome
user, so I don't really know, what I'm talking about, but I seem to recall,
that the two projects actually use the same means for adding the menu entries
by now.