[RkWard-devel] opensuse build service

Detlef Steuer detlef.steuer at hsu-hamburg.de
Thu Feb 22 18:42:34 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:28:31 +0100
Stefan Roediger <stefan_roediger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 16:44 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > On Thursday 15 February 2007 15:03, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > > Did anybody of you take a look at the build service of opensuse?
> > > Might it be soemhow useful for RKWard? As far as I understand might this
> > > be a way to build packages for different distributions.
> > >
> > > http://build.opensuse.org/
> > >
> > > tutorial:
> > > http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial
> >
> > Well this looks nice. Unfortunately, I do not use an RPM based system at
> > all, and hence could not even test the packages (if I figured out how to
> > produce the .spec).
> >
> > Tomasz Pawel Gajc is producing a .spec for Mandriva
> > (http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/contrib-SPECS/rkward/rkward.spe
> >c). If somebody use an RPM based system, they could try running this through
> > the build-service, and see what happens.
> >
> > It would certainly be a nice thing, if this works well. However, I don't
> > currently have the time to look at it in depth, myself.

Actually I build the 'official' R-base rpms for Suse using this build
service. It´s a great tool. If nobody else is looking into this I´ll
try to start with the mandriva spec file and keep the list informed.
Ok, it made it on my todo. but you know your todo and your schedule.
Same here.

It is a little bit more complicated to package rkward, if kde-packaging
guidelines must/should be followed. I´m no kde user and have a bit of a
learning curve here. Should be relatively easy just to get an
installable rpm, but maybe without correct kde-menu entries etc. Is
that ok?

Detlef

> No problem. I assumed that no one on the list is using it.
>
> > Regards
> > Thomas
>
> Regards
> Stefan

"Keinen Gedanken zweimal denken, außer er ist schön." Unbekannte Quelle