[RkWard-devel] New export plugin: revision 1416

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 20 13:19:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 07:19, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> The current "Export..." plugin uses dev2bitmap. This new plugin uses
> dev.print to do the export. The general GUI setup is similar to the
> ghostscript export plugin. I am planning to support, postscript, pdf, png,
> jpeg exports through this. As of now, only, png and jpeg have been
> implemented. But you can get a general idea of how it is going to
> look/work. A better menu entry
> than "Export (new)" is needed. Any suggestions? We may need to rename the
> existing "Export ..." plugin. Or combine the two under one menu entry..

I suggest to rename the old plugin to "Export via ghostscript", and the new
one to "Export built-in format". But there might be better ideas. Once
finished, we can look at whether the two can reasonably be merged.

I know it's not finished, yet, and I have not done serious testing, but here's
two small issues I came across: For png() and jpeg(), apparently at least one
of width or height will need to be specified as a parameter. Remove the
<stretch/> on line 63, it makes the filename field small.

Looks promising, so far.