[RkWard-devel] 0.4.6: Scatterplot and Preview

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Feb 16 10:16:45 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 06:38, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I just noticed one peculiar thing. When using the Plots > Scatterplot
> plugin, the "Preview" doesn't seem to work for "Use Dialog".

More precisely, it would stop working as soon as the type of interface is
switched (in either direction).

> I think it is the same case with the latest svn revision too.

Should be fixed, now.

BTW, while this wasn't the cause in this case, there is a problem with
defining the two types of interfaces (dialog/wizard) in one. It is very easy
for the two interfaces to get out of sync (i.e. you change for instance the
minimum value of a spinbox in the <dialog> section, but forget to do the same
change in <wizard>). This can easily lead to hard to detect bugs. In fact,
while I was looking into it, I found that the point type selection was broken
in the <wizard>, but had been corrected in the <dialog>.

I'll have to come up with a better solution for this, eventually (probably
you'd only specify the "id" in the second type of interface, and then all the
attributes from the first definition with the same "id" would be used,
without having to specify them manually). For now, please avoid creating new
wizard interfaces (nobody has done so recently, but I'd like to make sure).
Those would need to be fixed up, later.