[RkWard-devel] RKWard 0.4.6

Stefan Roediger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Thu Feb 15 22:38:14 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 20:49 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi!
>
> It's already been discussed a lot on this list. Now it's finally ready:
> Release 0.4.6 is available for download, now. A summary of the changes can
> be found on the homepage (http://rkward.sf.net), as usual.
>
> In the entire development history of RKWard, this release is probably the
> one with the most contributions by the largest number of people. Whether
> you have contributed plugins, documentation, translations, testing, C++
> code, ideas or marketing, RKWard could never have made this much progress
> in such a short time without your help. Many thanks to all of you!
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I would also like to thank everybody who made this release possible. I was
glad to see that so many people lately joined the development or RKWard in
general. Somehow a proof that the open source concept works even for such
specialized software.

I guess RKWard will become increasingly popular in a rapid speed since it is
right now by far the most sophisticated GUI to R. Hopefully some C++/Qt codes
will step in and take some burdens of Thomas. To bad that there is no Win32
and Mac port (just a matter of time ;) ) so that they also can benefit from
this development.

--------
I installed the deb some minutes ago. No issues here.

But something that I did not think about while the new import plug-ins were
emerging is that users might get confused if they import a SPSS file or any
other data and try to find it. Of course the right place to look at is the
workspace. But in my setup workspace is hidden. Even If user find it they
might be confused how to see the data in a tabular output. I guess you know
what I mean. Therefore I think it's better to but the data immediately in a
Data editor tab or to ask the user where to put the data.
For now I have put this issue on my todo-list for the help file.

What do you think?