[RkWard-devel] Second 0.4.6 preview release, testing, translations

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 11 14:49:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Friday 09 February 2007 21:41, you wrote:
> I found some changes and I updated el.po. I send it here because we have
> two branches, so not to be lost. I also updated the el.po in svn.

No problem. Unless you specifically take measures to apply the commit to the
release branch, it gets committed to the "trunk" (i.e. development branch).
Every once in a while, I merge those changes that are meant to make it into
0.4.6 to the 0.4.6 branch.

> One thing I noticed on the read.spss plugin. It works fine but when I tried
> to use the function rk.temp.convert outside of rkward for something else (I
> will explain in another mail - it is out of the subject right now). When I
> paste the function in the konsole of rkward I have no problem, but when I
> paste in a konsole running R I have many problems. Can you reproduce the
> problem that I have pasting the code from the plugin to a konsole running R
> (not the konsole of rkward)? After trying a little I found that with some
> more semicolons it is ok. So here is what I did:

Hm. Can't reproduce using either of R 2.4.1 or the development version of
2.5.0. The syntax should really be ok. ";" terminates a statement, but so
does a newline, so essentially, your change *should* not make any difference.
My best guess is that is has something to do with encodings, once again. When
you paste the code to the R console, does it show the line breaks, or does
everything somehow get squeezed into a single line? Can you reproduce the
problem, if you type in the function instead of pasting it? Can anybody else
reproduce the problem?