[RkWard-devel] Second 0.4.6 preview release, testing, translations

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Feb 9 12:05:18 UTC 2007

Hi!

A little earlier than planned, I prepared a second preview release of 0.4.6.
If you can find the time, please download from
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.6pre2.tar.gz and do some
testing.

------- Testing -------

There can never be too much testing, but here are some areas needing special
attention:
I'd like to get some additional feedback on the following plugins:

- File->Import Format->Import SPSS
Several people have tested this one, already, and found there is a problem in
read.spss () in some encodings. Unfortunately, there is little we can do
about this in RKWard, as the problem is in the foreign package itself. But
please also have a look, whether everything else works as expected.

- File->Import Format->Import CSV data
The CSV import plugin is fairly old, but I've reworked several aspects.

- (open an X11 window, then) Device->Export...
Haven't heard anything on this plugin, yet. Even if the feedback is "seems to
work fine", I'd like to hear about it, so I know it has been tested by
somebody else.

- Analysis->Wilcoxon Tests->both variants
- Analysis->Ansari-Bradley Tests->both variants
Stefan has done testing on those, and I have. However, I've also changed an
aspect after that. So please have a look, if you can afford the time.

- Plots->Barplot
I have an OK from Ilias, and done testing myself. However, during development
several problems with different types of data turned up. I'd like to make
sure, we've ironed out the most important ones, so please test with your own
data.

You can also provide your feedback in the wiki
(http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Development_Status_of_Plugins),
if you prefer.

-------- Translations --------

Translatable source strings will not change from now until the release (unless
necessitated by an important bug), so now is a good time to update your
translations. Base your translations on either the .po files shipped in the
preview release (subdirectory po), or on the ones from SVN (they're
identical).

The deadline for submitting your translation is Wednesday, February 14. Even
if you can't finish everything until that point of time, please submit
whatever you have until then.

--------- Release timeline --------

Deadline for translations: Wednesday, February 14 (see above)
Targetted release date: Thursday, February 15 (if I have the time to prepare
the packages on that day).