[RkWard-devel] avoiding preview "blank out"..

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 4 22:03:22 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 21:52, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> @Thomas,
> Here is a little hack of the plot_options.php file. The goal is to
> avoid "xlim=c(0,max())" (the 0 is just a dummy number to symbolize that
> $xminvalue is not empty) being asynchronously evaluated which causes
> the "blank out" of display in "Preview" mode. Simple: such a situation
> arises only when xvar is absent, so condition it out.

Are you sure, you're using the most recent version of plot_options (i.e. have
you done svn up, lately)? I have recently added another trick to make sure
that in this case (xvar) missing, the code is not considered to be "valid" as
long as only one of min/max is entered. Therefore, this code should never
actually be run (the submit button is disabled, and the preview is not
updated), and it doesn't here.

> Below I am showing
> only relavant parts from the plot_options.php file. Of course,
> "xlim=c(min(),1)" and "xlim=c(a,b)" where a>b type of situation is also
> taken care of by this modification. Again, I am not aware of internal
> working of either R or RKWard, but this simple hack seems to work. Let me
> know, if I am grossly mistaking somethings. And, if this is agreeable then
> similar change can be done for ylimits too.

You are right though, in that it still should not generate any "min (...)" in
this case, even if it's just temporary. I'll take care of that.