[rkward-devel] Users' mailing list created

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 4 20:54:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

the new users' mailing list has been created. An announcement is posted on
http://rkward.sourcerforge.net . Everbody, feel free to stay subscribed to
this list, to subscribe to rkward-users instead, or in addition to this list.

I think it would be a good idea for the active developers to be subscribed to
both lists, at least as long as the traffic remains managable. This way
you'll be sure not to miss any important suggestions, and we can make sure
the initial few posts to rkward-users will get a reasonably quick answer
(hopefully later, there will be enough subscribers to provide a decent level
of responsiveness from the community).

Note that any mail with attachments of types .bat, .gif, .pif, .scr, and .vbs
are banned from both lists, meaning such messages will be automatically
discarded without any further notice (there was an option in Mailman to do
this after all). This should catch most SPAM and malware that are not
filtered at another point, while not being overly restrictive. Also, during
the past few days this has worked well enough for rkward-devel, so that I
think we will not need to establish members-only posting and moderation (at
least not yet). Thanks again to all who volunteered to help with that,
though.