[RkWard-devel] Third preview of rkward 0.4.0

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 12 21:33:23 UTC 2006

Hi all,

here's what I hope to be the last 0.4.0 release. Not too much has changed in
the C++-internals since pre2, but most noteably, Stefan has send in a whole
bunch of new and improved distribution plugins. This is the main reason, I'm
preparing another preview release, so you get to see (and test) those.

Another new thing is the R function rk.convert.pre040 (). This is to convert
labels, and formatting options stored with earlier versions of rkward. To
reactivate the old labels in 0.4.0, just load the old saved workspace, and
run rk.convert.pre040 () in the console once.

Everything else should be pretty minor or invisible.

The new preview is available at:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.0pre3.tar.gz

One thing, I forgot to mention last time:
If you continue to encounter crashes you had with 0.4.0pre1, please send me
another short note. I believe to have eliminated the major sources of random
crashes, but please tell me, if I'm wrong.

If all goes well, I'm targeting an official release early next week.